Check out Sarah’s gift ideas from yesterday!
I love to give thoughtful gifts but my Christmas budget doesn’t always give me room to bless my friends (the people who put up with me all year). These ideas are all $10-ish and a few of them only require your time, a little effort and maybe your flour.
If you have a group of friends who want to exchange gifts, try a white elephant favorite things party. Our small group started this a few years ago when we grew tired of trading each other’s junk. Now we each bring a favorite item(s) $10 or less and trade white elephant style with steals. It’s fun to see what everyone loves and discover new favorites! The ideas are limitless and try to think outside of the “chocolate” box. (FYI: the guys in the group bring their favorite beer to trade. Most of them leave with a variety 6-pack.)
Gifts You Buy:
- Million Little Ways, A: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live // Emily reminds us that we are all artists. For a friend wanting to add meaning to their every day.
- This Lindsay Letters print (above) with a Shauna Niequist quote // Perfect to go above a dinner table (I bought it for my own). If you want, pair it with the Bread & Wine book (on my kindle waiting to be read) or a freshly baked loaf of bread.
- Brickyard Buffalo is my favorite “deal” site for trendier items. Keep an eye on it and pounce when you find that perfect gift.
- Attachments // One of my favorite fiction reads this year. Smart chick-lit. Give it to the friend who loves “New Girl” or “The Mindy Project.”
Gifts of Your Time:
- A coupon for a few hours of babysitting // Take your friend’s kids for a few hours one day so she can run errands or take a nap in peace. Moms, we can put up with a little chaos and a messy house for a friend’s sanity. Bonus: add a Starbucks card.
- A coupon to help her finish a project // Help her declutter her basement, purge her closet or paint her baseboards.
- A freezer meal // A gift of a home-cooked meal instead of another box of mac & cheese.
- Cinnamon rolls (1/2/3) or Chocolate chip cookie dough // Make and freeze both of these! Not recommended for a friend on a diet.
So many possibilities! Now, get to blessing.